On May 25, concerned people around the world will unite to March Against Monsanto to draw attention to GMO Food, because:
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto’s GM seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have contributed to Colony Collapse Disorder among the world’s bee population.
- For example almost all soy beans in the world today are Genetically modified to be resistant to the herbicide Roundup (made by Monsanto)… which means that fields of soy beans can be sprayed with herbicide… and then we ingest this herbicide in foods contained soy protein and soy derivatives.
Marchers Against Monsanto are advocating:
- Voting with our money by buying organic and boycotting Monsanto-owned companies that use GMOs in their products.
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make those informed decisions easier.
- Further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto executives and Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Taking to the streets to show the world and Monsanto that we won’t take these injustices quietly.
For you in Auckland, New Zealand!
Marches in Main Centres:
Lets see you there!
- March Against Monsanto (unplugyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Former Monsanto employee put in charge of GMO papers at journal (prn.fm)
- Top 10 GMO Foods to avoid (spirituition.wordpress.com)
- The 5 WORST “CHEMICALLY ALTERED” FOODS You NEED TO AVOID (secretsofthefed.com)
- We call all Anons to support world wide Monsanto protests #OpMonsanto (anonymater.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto CEO Hugh Grant: Our Critics Are Fueled By ‘Elitism’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- GMO: Think about this (smarthealthblog.wordpress.com)
- Millions March Against Monsanto (activistpost.com)
- 2nd Call – March Against Monsanto – May 25, 2013 (anonymater.wordpress.com)